Top 8 Killer Advertising Design Tips To Implement In 2022
Many advertising on “Mad Men” were designed based on hunches, assumptions, or gut reactions. However, in an age where consumers are bombarded with pop-ups, banners, and billboards, you must do your study if you want your advertising to succeed. With so much data accessible to marketers and designers alike, it’s critical that you spend the time researching the best strategy for your campaign and letting that data guide the path you go with your advertising design.
What Exactly Is Advertising Design?
The convergence of marketing and design is known as advertising design. It refers to graphic artwork developed exclusively for advertisements (or “ads” for short). Ad design, which is sometimes used interchangeably with graphic design advertising, differs in that its main objective is to sell goods and services.
When it comes to advertising, you have several possibilities, ranging from modern channels like email marketing to classic channels like magazine ads. In this lesson, we’ll go through eight types of advertising design and provide samples to help inspire your next campaign.
Examples Of Advertising Design Types
- Commercial And Video Advertisements
Video advertising may now be found on YouTube, Instagram, TV, blogs, and many more platforms. In general, video advertising involve more development than standard photos or even graphic design, thus they are more expensive. However, when done correctly, the results may be well worth the effort.
You want to be sure you’re spending your money properly while making a greater investment on marketing design. Not only should your message connect with your audience, but so should your delivery of that message.
- Display Advertisements
Display ads can be found on websites, apps, and social media channels in a variety of formats, including:
- Or a combination of multiple mediums
Design Tip: Consider the environment in which your ad will be placed and look for methods to make it stand out aesthetically. Adding motion graphics to your design, for example, may result in more clicks!
- Social Media Ads
Depending on your business model, social media ads can provide a significant opportunity to generate leads and sales. However, when the tendency on social media is to mindlessly scroll through your feed, generating ads that attract a viewer’s attention is vital to the success of your campaign; fortunately, this is readily achievable with smart design!
When it comes to social media advertisements, MyDesigns has been springing up like crazy. What makes their social media advertisement poster design so effective?
- The images they use are visually exciting;
- Their brand is consistently visualized across every ad;
- They mix images and video in their ads; and
- Their advertisements are very on-trend (as in the example below, jumping on the Disney+ bandwagon).
- Direct Mail
Being one of the more traditional mediums for advertising, direct mail is able to cut through the clutter that is the internet. You must not only be completely committed to your design… You must ensure that everything appears excellent on paper because once you push print, there is no turning back.
To get you started, here are some terrific direct mail advertising design ideas:
- Offer a discount on your goods or service.
- Spread the word about a new product you’re offering;
- Use it to upsell or cross sell, like the nicely designed BMW direct mailer does.
Design Tip: Make sure your brand colors are shown appropriately before printing anything – you may need to utilize CMYK or Pantone skus. Make sure to inquire with your printer’s service provider.
- Outdoor Advertising
Outdoor advertisements include billboards, street furniture, and transportation advertisements. So, how can you get the attention of onlookers who are most likely riveted to their phone screens? With unique advertisements that interest your target demographic. A gorgeous poster design isn’t enough when it comes to constructing an outdoor marketing campaign with your advertising design agency. You must entice them to perform the action you want them to take, such as purchasing a product with your discount code or visiting your website.
- Email Marketing
Email marketing continues to provide a significant return on investment, with an average return of $42 for every $1 spent on this channel. However, with so many promotional emails in a person’s inbox, it’s critical to generate a visually appealing message that motivates your audience to act.
Design Tip: Avoid cramming too many CTAs into your promotional emails. In fact, as seen by the Warby Parker example above, restricting it to one is best.
- Event Advertising
There is a lot to consider when it comes to event advertising, so here are some creative advertising ideas to get you started:
- Set up a photo booth at a trade fair and encourage participants to post their photos on social media using a specific hashtag.
- Distribute unique branded things other than pens, stress balls, or business cards.
- Hold a contest to get visitors to visit your booth for a chance to win.
- Host a brunch for your high-value customers and power users.
Consider the following sorts of event advertising designs:
- Information booth
- Newspapers And Magazine Ads
This is the last medium of advertising design that we will cover today. Newspaper and magazine advertising may be incredibly powerful when the message and design are both conveyed correctly.
Design Tip: Do your homework. Make certain that your target group not only consumes this media, but that you advertise in the appropriate magazine or newspaper. After all, you wouldn’t advertise your new lipstick brand in Men’s Health, would you?
Advertising Design Suggestions
- Tell a story: Never underestimate the power of good storytelling. Just make sure your tale is aesthetically appealing to your viewers.
- Always have a call-to-action: Unless the purpose of your campaign is to raise brand recognition, always, always, always include a call-to-action. It will inform your audience of what they should do next.
- Keep it simple: If your ad is overly intricate, you risk confusing your viewers. Check out these design styles if you’re looking for some ideas.
- Use brief, punchy copy: The focus of advertising design should be on the design itself. Use interesting prose to supplement the story told by your graphics.
- Take advantage of the holiday season: During big holidays like as Christmas and Valentine’s Day, individuals are more inclined to buy and, more crucially, to be marketed to. Holiday advertisements should always be in the forefront of your attention.
When you produce an ad, you are building an extension of your brand. Thousands, if not millions, of people will view your ad, so make sure it conveys the message and brand that you want it to. Remember that although writing will communicate your tale in words, outstanding design will bring that story to life.
Great design is at the heart of great commercials. So, let me conclude with some final observations. When planning your next advertising design campaign, remember to:
- Make an impression
- Stay loyal to your brand’s principles.
- Have a clear message
- Set campaign goals and KPIs
MyDesigns can assist you with your advertising design or marketing collateral. Consider us your extended design team, with turnaround times as short as 12-24 hours. To discover more, schedule a call.